APPRAISE will develop and validate a state-of-the-art framework for soft target protection with a particular focus on active, audited, and well-defined information and intelligence exchange among private and public sector security practitioners to enable an effective collaboration, at the information and the operational levels.
The project will revolutionize the protection of soft targets by integrating the following:
- A scalable, flexible, and efficient data intelligence platform for threat detection,
- Actionable threat intelligence to proactively detect vulnerabilities and analyse imminent and on-going crimes or terrorist attacks,
- Soft target risk assessments based on both web content, social media analysis and on-site sensor data,
- Instant situational awareness to plan and execute mitigation actions and,
- Collaboration capabilities to collaboratively mitigate incidents from the earliest stage of their detection.
APPRAISE has a clear vision that will provide cross-discipline tools that will assist end users in all aspects of their security work.
A more effective and efficient proactive operational security of public spaces and soft targets in the Europe will be achieved by:
- Improving the current capabilities of public and private security practitioners to capitalize on big data information streams and
- Establishing a successful collaboration framework to take advantage of their complementarity in resources.
Four specific pilots for APPRAISE have been identified. Each pilot considers highly diversified soft targets, in terms of; accessibility, existing security measures, current infrastructure, people density, level of criticality, and their societal impact to evaluate and validate the solutions developed within the project.
Visit the project’s website and its profiles on Twitter and LinkedIn.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 under grant agreement No 101021981.