The European “riSk-based Approach For the protEction of public spaces in European CITIES” project (“SAFE-CITES”) is funded by the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under Grant Agreement No 101073945 and coordinated by STAM SRL.
This website is developed by the Polish Platform for Homeland Security (“PPHS”). According to the Grant Agreement, PPHS is a SAFE-CITIES partner and the institution responsible for developing and maintaining the SAFE-CITIES website (“Website”). This policy applies to all SAFE-CITIES website users and its goal is to communicate how we collect and process your personal data.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE DATA CONTROLLER
The data controller of your personal data (hereinafter referred to as “Controller”) is the Association Polish Platform for Homeland Security, with its registered office in: Poznan 60-822 at 17/11 Slowackiego Street, having taxpayer identification no. 783-161-82-32, statistical (REGON) no. 300294630, and National Court Register (KRS) no. 0000251345.
The Controller can be contacted in writing, by post at the following address: 17/11 Slowackiego, Poznan 60-822, or by e-mail at the following address: email@example.com.
THE DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
The Controller has designated a Data Protection Officer, who can be contacted by post at the following address: 17/11 Slowackiego, Poznan 60-822, or by e-mail at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
TYPE OF DATA PROCESSED
In the Website, data of the end users, processed by PPHS, are the following:
· E-mail address;
· Organization and role;
· Phone number;
· IP address;
· Event logs related to the use of the Platform.
Data can be provided to PPHS by both the end users themselves and their organization.
PURPOSES OF THE PROCESSING AND LEGAL BASIS
Your personal data is processed manually (in paper format) or automatically (in electronic format). Data is used by PPHS for the following purposes:
· Marketing purposes.
The legal basis of the processing is the consent under Art. 6 (1)(a) GDPR;
if your data is processed based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent to processing of personal data but your withdrawal shall not affect the legality of the processing of personal data that has been performed based on your consent prior to its withdrawal.
· Profiling purposes. Your personal data may be subject to activities related to profiling, however, profiling is not used to make automatic decisions that may lead to legal consequences. The Controller makes every effort to provide all physical, technical, and organizational means of protection of personal data against its accidental or intentional damage, accidental loss, modification, unauthorized disclosure, use, or access, in compliance with all applicable regulations.
The legal basis of the processing is the consent under Art. 6 (1)(a) GDPR;
if your data is processed based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent to processing of personal data, but your withdrawal shall not affect the legality of the processing of personal data that has been performed based on your consent prior to its withdrawal.
· Performance of pre-contractual or contractual activities, based on your interest in our project.
The legal basis of the processing is Art. 6(1)(b) GDPR. You need to provide your personal data to perform a contract. On the other hand, if you do not provide your data, conclusion of the contract and, consequently, the performance of it, will not be possible. Beside from these actions, also questions received via the contact form, will be processed under the same legal basis.
· Ensuring the security and the proper use of the website. PPHS processes data of the end users to the extent necessary to ensure the security of the Website, as required also by relevant legal provisions on information security.
The legal basis of this processing is both the compliance with legal requirements, under Art. 6(1)(c) GDPR, and the legitimate interest of PPHS and the organization using the Website to protect it and the information here processed, according with Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR.
· Performance of statistical analytical and aggregated purposes and customer satisfaction level
The legal basis of this processing is Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR since the statistical activities are conducted to improve the service on the Website as well as to ameliorate the customer satisfaction level.
· To defend PPHS from legal and/or regulatory risks.
The legal basis of processing is therefore the establishment, exercise, or defence of legal claims, according with Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR.
RECIPIENTS AND PROCESSORS
The data may be communicated to the following recipients:
· SAFE-CITIES members;
· third-party providers (e.g., consulting or audit services and support customer care), when the communication of data is necessary for the operation of the Website and the activities related;
· public entities when the communication of the Data is necessary to fulfil legal requirements.
Regarding the possible transfer of data to countries not belonging to the European Economic Area (“EEA”), the related processing will take place according to one of the methods permitted by relevant laws, therefore by relying on adequacy decisions adopted by the European Commission or through the use of the Standard Contractual Clauses (“SCC”).
PERIOD OF DATA PROCESSING
We process and store personal data as long as it is necessary. When this data is no longer necessary for the above purposes, it will be regularly deleted. If your personal data is processed based on consent, the data will be processed until it is withdrawn. Your personal data will be processed as part of direct marketing until the objection referred to below is submitted.
PPHS may retain data to fulfil regulatory and/or contractual and tax obligations or in case of legal claims. Subsequently, when the reasons for the processing will cease, the data will be anonymized, deleted, or destroyed.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
As data subject, you are entitled to exercise the following rights, at any time:
· Access your Personal Data being processed by PPHS (and/or a copy of that Personal Data), as well as information on the processing of your Personal Data;
· Correct or update your Personal Data processed by PPHS, where it may be inaccurate or incomplete;
· Request erasure of your Personal Data being processed by PPHS;
· Request the restriction of the processing of your Personal Data;
· Exercise your right to portability: the right to obtain a copy of your Personal Data provided to PPHS, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format;
· Object to the processing of your Personal Data (for example: Soft Spam); or
· Withdraw your consent to processing (for Marketing and Profiling).
You can also withdraw consent for Marketing (for communications received via e-mail) or object to Soft Spam by selecting the appropriate link included at the bottom of every marketing e-mail message received. The same applies to the newsletter which you may have subscribed to and receive as a Service.
Aside from the above means, you can always exercise your rights described above by sending a written request to PPHS at the following address: email@example.com.
In any case, please note that, as a data subject, you are entitled to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authorities for the protection of Personal Data, if you believe that the processing of your Personal Data carried out through the Website is unlawful.